Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

loop

Dear Friends,

I have a problem with my 2 tables for budget

1. BUDGAGE: Year / Employee / Sales

2. BUDGET: date / Material group / Sales

error loading image

I have a problem of circular loop and I can't solve

Can you help me??

gennaro

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gennaro ,

Hope this helps you ,

Create a resident to the Document Table Say Document_New with the columns Agente and other ID if you have .

And Link the Document_New with the Agente of document . Alias the Agente in Doucument_New , BUDGAGE , AGENTI table and link these tables with the same alias . So that the loop will be resolved .

Please find the attachment for reference

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gennaro

Lets first start with the data/material.

What you must do is bring the amount of tables back by combining the ones that have connected information. I don't know how which data is connected but you can do this by making one table by using RESIDENT and CONCATENATE.

For example:

NEWTABLENAME:
LOAD
SM,
D_SM
RESIDENT SETTORE;
CONCATENATE
LOAD
DATA,
SM,
bdg_Valore
RESIDENT BUDGET;
CONCATENATE
LOAD
SM,
Material,
D_material
RESIDENT MATERIALE;
DROP TABLE SETTORE;
DROP TABLE BUDGET;
DROP TABLE MATERIALE;

If I am correct this will make 1 table instead of 3.

The new table has the SM fields from all 3 previous tables in 1 SM field plus all the other fields form these 3 tables.
The DROP TABLE deletes the 3 previous table after making the new table (as you don't need them anymore)
I hope this is some help for you.

Not applicable
Author

Dear friends

I don't know if this situation is correct and efficient

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want clikview to work like it should. You have to get rit of the $Syn table.

Not applicable
Author

excuse me but I don't understand

thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

you can use mapping table(apply map) for the tables:

1. settore
  2. clienti
  3. agenti

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gennaro

What I mean is that you have to make sure that there are no $Syn tables in your table chart.

Qlikview creat those tables when there are more then 1 connection to a table (or a loop)

Let me try to explain how it works by focussing on 2 tables first.
If you take a look at your tables BUDGET and DOCUMENTI, they both have the fields "Data"and "Agente". So normaly there would be 2 lines between the 2 tables (connecting the both Date and the both Agente" fields) And because Qlikview can have one 1 connection between 2 tables it generates a $Syn table.

There are many ways to solve this, but the right way depends on what information is in the fields and how you want to link them.
The easiest way to solve this is to rename one of the 4 (2 data and 2 Agente) fields.
Change in your loadscript where you load the BUDGET table :
Agente as BudgetAgent
This way the "Data" field is the only one that is in both tables so there is only one link between the 2 tables and no $Syn table will be created

I know this is probebly not a good solution but just so you can see how it works.

Let me know if this makes any sense to you, then we can go on to the next step.

Not applicable
Author

Hi friends,

thanks for your help.

I tried with ApplyMap and this is the result

My problem is that in this I have more record in qvd than in original file. I have a record for every link of DATA, AGENTE, SM as in the table above

I attached the script

I don't want more record than file

can you help me?

thanks

ciao