Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mail alert - smtp error

Hi

i was looking for help on qlikCommunity and i found couple posts with similar or actually the same problem but there was no answer anywhere for that.

i'm trying to make an email alert but firstable i have to configure user preferences/mail.
And there is a huge problem cause i was trying many mails with different servers and ports and nothing works properly.

error.png

that's my configuration and error which i get after testing connection.

what's wrong? server? port? or anything else? do i need license to make an email alert? is there any lock which does't let me configure that?
please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at below post.

http://community.qlik.com/message/560545#560545

Regards

ASHFAQ

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ashfaq,

I'm having Small Business Edition 11.2 SR6 and when I configure mail alert for failed reloads in QMC, all the scheduled reloads got failed and start getting mail alert for failed reloads. But in fact, scheduled reloads got failed only after configuring the alert.

When I removed mail alert settings, reloads were in order.

Any advice on this please....

Many thanks.

Senarath

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Can you create new thread for the same.

In your SMTP configuration if you have any content or email in send test email or send all email, try be removing that it has to be empty.

look at the attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

thanks for the note.

I have put a separate thread for this.QMC reloads fail when mail alert is set up

However, if we keep send all mails blank, where would the alert mail go ? Is there any other place to update mail address ?

thanx