cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

mapping Pivot column Test to another table column Test

Hi team,

i am trying to find solution for below requirement since last two months but till now i didn"t get any idea

Here we go

i have one pivot  ..in that using  Linest_m function i was created some values or Text  base upon requirement ..more details please check in Pivot  in attached QVW file

after linest_m results i want to map that results to another table "indicater" field ...after mapping the fields .if both vales are mapped correctly then i need to display the  another table "Value,text" field  details in Pivot table

but here  when i was  mapping to another table column to the pivot column result ..it showing error i tired so many ideas but no use to me 

note:

"Povit column" means combination of Linest_m function results

please suggest me best way of finding this  issue solution

Regards,

Bob

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assumed some formats for your indicater column and ended up with

COUNTRY MovieColletionMovieprofitShowsCountColumn combinationlength of Combination columnPick( Match( Column(1)&Column(2)&Column(3), '566','066','060','560',' 6 ','56 '), '566','066','060','560',' 6 ','56 ' )Pick( Match( Column(1)&Column(2)&Column(3), '566','066','060','560',' 6 ','56 '), '2','3','4','5','1','6' )Pick( Match( Column(1)&Column(2)&Column(3), '566','066','060','560',' 6 ','56 '), 'superhit','average','hit','above avg','nostatus','status is pending' )
Ind56656635662superhit
japan 66 663
php 6 6 3 6 1nostatus
uk56656635662superhit
us56 56 356 6status is pending
Total 5 6 6 566 3 566 2 superhit

There is no indicater value for ' 66', hence no mapping.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hay

if both are matching then it will display matching text but if it is not matched then  want to display "no indicater"

in bellow code i need to change :

Pick(

Match( Column(1)&Column(2)&Column(3), $(=Concat(chr(39)&indicater &chr(39),',',indicater))),

$(=Concat(Chr(39)&indicater&chr(39),',',indicater))

)

can you help me how to implement this Logic for getting "no indicater"

Regards,

BOb

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like

Pick(

Match( Column(1)&Column(2)&Column(3), $(=Concat(chr(39)&indicater &chr(39),',',indicater)))+1,

'no indicater',

$(=Concat(Chr(39)&indicater&chr(39),',',indicater))

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl,

it"s working for me

regards,

Bob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Great!

If your request is resolved, then please consider also closing the other threads with mostly the same topic, like

Combining povit columns and comparing data in povit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yeah

Done i closed the other thread and in that your code like you said Concatenate...that one i marked as correct answer

Thanks & regards,

Bob