Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

moving from sql server to Oracle database

Hi All,

We have Qlikview dashboards which are using SQL server as back end database. But we are planning to move the database from SQL server to Oracle database. Does anyone have done these kind migration. Kindly let me how you have made these changes and what are things we need to ensure before we start changing the back end connection from SQL server to Oracle database.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Viresh

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Follows are deserve

1) try to Install Oracle DB with in the same server

2) And then Give it a shot as Connection (Don't require if you are loading from QVD's like Transformatio from ETL)

3) Un-Install SQL Server then replace it to Oracle in your all connections where pulls the data from SQL Server

4) Same as, you need to connect to Oracle for source DB

5) Works like charm. If you need, Original way do below steps for understand the Information from Blog

Microsoft SQL Server to Oracle Migration - SQLines

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your quick reply.

What are we trying to do is we are replacing the Line500 ERP(backend SQL server) to Oracel EBS(oracel DB).

Do we need to install the oracle drivers on development machine?

Are we required to make any changes to the QMC side?

Thank you.

Regards,

Viresh

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

There is separate team who are doing the data migration from SQL server to Oracle database. I need to make sure that existing Qlikview applications still work when we change the connection string to oracle database.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

For your first reply, Oracle drivers off course needed for every different source. Don't need any changes from QMC as of now

That is where my second point doing - QVD's can help you this if you want to change 15 minutes time then migration should runs from when they are not seen. For that you can use UAT for your USERs and then work on it for Production then move into Production from UAT / Live for business level.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful