Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
qvraj123
Contributor II

need suggestions - QVW app with around 50 tables & 4 to 5 GB data - QVW app freezing

Hi All,

I am sure I am talking about the general as I have not provided the details. Could you some please provide some suggestions/links to start with - The scenario is QVW application with around 50 tables - There are around 15 data sources so there are some tables created within the script like summary tables, link tables, etc - data is around 4 to 5GB - the QVW app is freezing for around 10 minutes when I open it and then it is frustrating - This app is developed and one of the very critical application - I just moved into this team so not sure where to start with. First thing first what are some of the ways to open the QVW app (like load only few records until I get familiar) - any suggestions/links to start with -

I am sure this is not a specific question on a specific topic but as of now i do not know what i need to look into as i cannot work with this QVW app - i am attaching a screenshot of how it looks like - thanks a lot for your time

Tags (1)
3 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: need suggestions - QVW app with around 50 tables & 4 to 5 GB data - QVW app freezing

You can start with a limited load (from debugger) to deal with smaller amount data to see if you can get it to respond and wrap your head around it.  I would then run document analyzer and see if there is some fields that can be removed and also to get some focus on what charts and expressions are most troublesome. 

-Rob

Partner
Partner

Re: need suggestions - QVW app with around 50 tables & 4 to 5 GB data - QVW app freezing

It sound like you have an RAM issue. A QVW is normally compressed, when opening it will consume more RAM than it file size. The difference between QWV file size and RAM consumed could be huge. Watch the RAM consumption in the windows resource monitor while opening your qvw.

I would also recommend you to check out the Document Analyzer that @rwunderlich mentioned in the comment above.

It is hard to give good general advice to a your specific problem, but your datamodell looks very complex. Consider if it is possible to simplify.
Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
qvraj123
Contributor II

Thank you Rob, I really appreciate your time. I am sure this is "general" so its hard to figure out where to start with but the basic information to start with makes sense - Thanks a lot - let me do some digging