Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

non linked selection settings

hello all,

i have a selection box, that is used to present a chart. and i want to use it's selection to generate another chart that has the same sort of data bu the two tables are not linked (one is a summary of the other)

any help will be greatly appreciated.

barak

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you have a field in both tables that contain the same data (even though the fields are named differently) then you could create a macro that is triggered every time the selection changes in your selection box. This macro would "select" the same value in the field in the second table.

Do you have this available to you?

If not, how would you expect to be able to execute the selection on the second table, what values are you able to select in the second table from the selection in the first table?

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the help.

but how can i write the macro.

as you probably understood, i am new to QV and have no experience with it.

thanks alot,

barak

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karnibarak,

You can go to the documents porperty window and there go to the triggers tab. There you will find document event triggers and under this heading select the "On Any Select" option and then click add actions button. Then specify what kind of action you need here. In action type In selection, select the relevent action and specify the feild name here.. Hope this helps you

Thanks Joseph....

Not applicable
Author

thanks alot thopz,

it helps alot.

yet, i can't make a chart show only my selection in the table.

i have done the following: on selection in a table i have entered: "select in field" where the field is the one i want to be selected and in the "search string" i have entered "getfieldselection" function for that list.

i fear i did something wrong, i guess its the "getfield..." function.

what do i search to make the trigger work?