Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

on MouseOver change images

Hi all,

In my application i am having an listbox, in that having 1 to 5 number.

Now when i MouseOver on 1 in listbox , can i display an image in Textobject.

and in the same way wh when i MouseOver on 2 in listbox , can i display another image in Textobject.

Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Venkat

1 Reply
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Venkat – I am not sure if this is directly possible. As per my understanding, there is no MouseHover event. I mean there is no way to track the MouseHover position to conditionally show / hide the images. However, logically I can think of a way but I am not really sure... how difficult willthis be.

Here is the idea...

To replicate the Mouse Hover event in QV we need followingthings to work.

1. Need VB Script to get the X-Pos and Y-Pos toidentify the ListBox position
  2. Then we need to run this Macro every second aswe don’t have the MouseHover event. So you need to use Volatile function like Now() – which gets recalculated every second. This way we can use the OnChangeTrigger on the Variable/Field which changes every second
  3. Now, as soon as user hovers the mouse theListBox and the Now() function changes and it triggers the Macro which capturesthe Screen Position. Then you can set another variable to get updated to Booleanvalue.
  4. Finally, you can use this final variable whichreturns Boolean value to conditionally show/hide the image

Please remember this is just conceptual idea on how you can get this working. And there might be Mouse Hover event and I am not aware.

I hope this helps!

Good luck.

Cheers - DV