Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

open sheet object on clicking on another object

do you know how i can do the following?

i have two objects which are auto-minimized. The feature shall look like this:

One object shall open by clicking on the other object (to maximize it). At the end both objects shall be displayed on the screen.

Do you know if it is possible to use C++ to create this routines? (I used C long time ago, but have no idea of VBScript)

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible. There are no OnActivate object triggers anymore. What you can do instead is use conditional display expressions to show/hide objects. You could create an inline table with object names and use them in a listbox as a menu to select the objects to show hide. See here for example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks,  i will try this

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

the solution is nice, but i would like something where i do not need a list box to open charts. What i need is like a macro to get the sheet object when i click on one object.

Say,

I click on Object 42 (which is autominimized in the sheet) and once i do this, i want that the Object 50 restores immediately. otherwise, i need to tell the user to restore both charts, one after the other, and need to avoid the "autominimize" option in the title bar tab. Both charts need to be compared, that is the reason why both shall be opened at the same time

do you know how this should look like with a macro? 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

There are no 'activate' events for objects so macro's won't be a solution. You can use text objects you can click on to show/hide both charts (and the textbox) using variables and the conditional display expressions of the charts. Consider the textbox as your minimized chart and you've got what you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks for your help, i try this out.

Not applicable

You can do like this with a  button:

1.Settings-Variable Overwiew

Add a variable( let say "showobj" , and in Description <initialize her>complete 1 or 0)

2.Place a button on your sheet , in text you can place " Show/hide obj"  or what is appropiate;

in tab "Actions" choose "Set Variable"

here put expression:

At Variable write(choose)        showobj

At Value write         =if($(showobj)=1,0,1)

3.On every Object you want to hide/unhide: Properties-Layout-Show(check Conditional)

Write:      showobj=1

4.At your objects , in Properties-Caption-  uncheck "Allow minimize"

Also , you can put an image behind the charts (to look nice when those are hidden).

Hope it helps , if not is ok because I am writing for myself some little hints for future.

Happy Qlickday!