Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

pick rating on the fly using calculated score

hi guys, looking for some directions here.

I have large QVD which represents financial transactions - 90 million rows and growing. based on some KPIs and complex calculations, I determine overall score for a specific entity. The score is a number from 0 to 100 and it CANNOT be calculated in a load script - depending on user selections, the scores would be different.

with that said, here is my challenge. I am a given a little table that determines a rate for an entity, based on its score - basically that table has low score and high score and a rate from 1 to 5. I need to calculate the score (again on the fly based on user selections) and using that table identify its rate.

Here is a few options I considered:

1) create a data island table for scores/rates and use if thens to pick a rate from there. While it works great on by 10,000 records sample, it is taking forever in my real app.

2) use aggr, set analysis and advanced search expression in it - did not work because aggr is calculated not per row but per chart.

Any other ideas?

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dariusz,

Can you add comment in the QVW to add a note about what each step is doing? I have read through this example many times and understand what each step individually is doing, but need help to tie all the concepts together to see the big picture. Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,

CW