Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivot collapse is not hiding the columns

I have a pivot with 3 dimensions, when i do collapse at first dimension why my other dimensions are still visible, sometime they hide and sometimes not, please help me out.

thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sreevidya

At the right of your pivot table dimension there should be a box with either a - or a + in it.

Make sure there are no boxes with a - in them, and if there are then click on the box to collapse it.

[If in the expansion it only has one row to display, then it is easy to overlook the - in the box]

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

+ and - are not hiding  the label of other dimensions which is what I'm looking for but when i do collapse all in properties it's working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sreevidya

Most curious, would you be able to post a sample qvw ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Can you post a sample qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't, but attached is the screen shot of it

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't, but attached is the screen shot of it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sreevidya

A sample qvw is really needed to see what is happening:

I have pasted the below from robwunderlich 's blog QlikView Notes which may help you post a sample qvw.

Some of the reasons you may be reluctant to post your qvw -- size and privacy.

The maximum attachment size allowed on the Forum is 1MB. You can make the example qvw smaller by using the QV Data Reduction feature.

1. Make some selections to reduce the number of selected values in the qvw.
  2. From the menu bar, select File->Reduce Data ->Keep Possible Values.
  3. Use File->Save As to save the reduced copy under a new name.

If you use "Save", QV will still open the "Save As" to help you remember not to overwrite the master copy.

You can protect the privacy of sensitive information, such as account numbers, revenue or customer names by using the QV Scrambling feature. In the menu bar, select Settings->Document Properties->Scrambling.

Here you can select a field to scramble and press the "Scramble" button to perform a random scrambling of the field . No one can determine it's original contents. Like values will scramble to the same value which maintains the value linkages.

Best Regards,     Bill