I use a pivot table to display my data.

I use 3 dimensions and 2 expressions :

- Dim1 : row

- Dim2 : row

- Dim3 (Month) : column

- Expr1 (Actuals) : column split by Dim3

- Expr2 (Quotas) : column split by Dim3

However, I don't want to split Expr2 (Quotas) by Dim3 (Month) :

It means that I just want to display the Total column of the Expr2 without displaying the details by month.

In other words, I just want to display the green part of the following figure (I don't want the red one).

I didn't see any 'collapse' function that could be activiated only for one expression.

I didn't see any 'hide' function that could hide the monthly columns of the Quota expression.

I didn't see any 'width' function that I could use to force to 0 the with of the monthly columns of the Quota expression.

28-06-2014 19-52-51.jpg

Do you have any idea to enable what I want to do ?

(for your information : I really want to use a pivot table and not a straight table)

Thank you in advance.

Pascal

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lombardin

Not sure why you have two expressions. In the expressions tab you can enable or disable an expression by ticking or unticking a bix

Regards

Padma

Not applicable
Author

checking or or unchecking a check box

REgards

Padma

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can achieve this by using Dimensionality() function. You have to create only one expression, something like below, in your pivot table to achieve this.

If(Dimensionality()=2, Sum(Quotas),  Sum(Actuals))

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to you all of you but...

I really need to display the both expressions at the same time.

It really makes sense because the expression1 (representing the actuals) have to be compared with the expression2 (quotas:representing the budget).

Regards.

Pascal