Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

problem in data modeling

HI ALL

i am facing a problem in data model  actually what i want is  i have budget table in that excell sheet i have ten table  ..all the ten table have the same field have but value is different  c stands for company,cl stands for clinet .bv for busines vertical iv for internal vertical d for division like this i have ten table

what i want is if i click the company mean i shoulld see company wise budget .or if i clik the client mean i have to the client wise budget . same as bv and iv ...there is no link between budget and fact table how to make a link and get what. i  want while i load all the ten table because of having same field they r concatenating thats the problem how to create a link between fact and budegt 

sme snapshot i have attached

give me a suggestion it will more helpful i am stuck i dont knw wht to do

9 Replies
nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

Re: problem in data modeling

another snapshot of my budget file

how to link a budget and final table i tried its not working because there is no commonfield  between budget and final

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

hi all

i got stuck in the issue. i cant solve the issue there is no common field between budget and fact table how to make a link wht i want i is i have budget excel file in that i have ten sheet all the sheet have the common field for eg say i have ten field mean i have all the ten field common in that ten sheet ony value is changed eg;;

suppose i am clicking the customer mean i should seee the customer wise budget or if i am  clicking the client mean i should see the client wise budget like this i want

i have attached the data model clip as well as the budet clip kindly look at this to solve my problem

gaurav2017
Contributor II

Hi,

See, In some firms, budgets are calculated yearly, in some monthly & in others Quarterly. So you need to talk to your client/stakeholders to provide the same & then you can connect them on the basis of year/month/quarter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

thanks garry for ur reply

but i have budget excel file in that i have ten sheet in that 10 sheet all the fields are common

eg parameterm,p1 to 12 ,parent, and [fy12-13]

eg table name in budget excel file is client,company,businessvertical,internal vertical etc

whats the difference  is if i click the client mean i should see client wise budget .and if i click the company. mena ,i should see budget for company wise my friends are telling to create a key and link seperately '...how to do this one

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

this is budget file here i attached the same c,cl b,bv...all have the same field but value is different how to create a seprate key ..so tht i can see in manner in what i want

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

HI THIS IS THE LATEST DATA MODEL how to link this budget table but i dnt hve any common  field in any other table.if i clik qcompany code i should see budget in that manner.if i click company mean i should see company wise budget , like wise so on....

datamodel.png

gaurav2017
Contributor II

you need to create a composite key:

Temp1:

Load Client&'_'&Company&'_'&Year as Key, * from tab1;

Temp2:

Load Client&'_'&Company&'_'&Year as Key, * from tab2;

hope this helps.....

Regards,

nizamsha
Valued Contributor II

garry i tried tht  also..  even if  i create composite key how to cteate a link to other table .because there is no common field to link  to other table

gaurav2017
Contributor II

if there is no common field then you have to:

Way 1: create a mapping table & apply map to both tables which u want to link

Way 2: link both tables using autogenerate() or autonumber().

If u would have attached some example application, then it would be possible for me to write the code for that.

I can't understand your problem completely.