cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlikview automation dilemma

Hi everybody,

I am new to qlikview automation using macros and was wondering which of the languages among ( VB, VBA, VBscript ) is used for it?

Also as i am beginner to the before mentioned languages. please let me know which one should i start learning first.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

QlikView used VBScript or JScript - not fully implemented but enough for most things. If you are complete new to this you should buy a good book about the introduction to VBA and then playing a bit with them in excel. After you are sure that you had understood the basics you could makes the first attempts with qlikview. The logic and many functions and statements are very similar in VBA and VBScript - there are only a few differences in the syntax and those are not very difficult to adjust. And you will find many examples here in the community.

A very good source to understand the objectmodel from qlikview and to get informations about the various statements and parameters as well as a lot of examples is the APIGuide.qvw in your install-folder (by automation) or maybe here one version: QV_APIguide_v11_MODIFIED.qvw

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus for replying. Mine is a personal edition qlikview app, so could not open the one shared by you.

Is there any other way to get hold of the mentioned QVW. i could not see anywhere in my Installation folder.

Will keep in mind the other comments you have mentioned.

marcus_sommer

The APIGuide.qvw is included within the personal edition and could be opened with this - take another look by automation or documentation or make just a search within the windows filesystem.

- Marcus