Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

qlikview dashboard refreshing logic in Chrome browser

Hi,

I created a qvw file, and put it on access point server so other users can access the dashboard from web Browser (most of them are using Chrome).

In my dashboard there's an event triggered on document open to always select the max value in "Date" field, however, after end user opens the dashboard in browser, he/she can select other dates. One observation is that, when user selected a date in dashboard, next time he press "F5" or "Ctrl + R" to refresh the dashboard, the selection stayed in the previous selected value, and the open document trigger was not fired.  We tried press Ctrl + F5 to force reload everything, but did not work.

So I'd like to know better about the logic of refreshing dashboard in browser, when the open document will be triggered and when it will not. Also how to make dashboard always trigger document open event when users simply press "F5" to refresh the page.

Thanks,

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One thing of which to be aware is the OnOpen trigger is NOT supported in the Ajax client:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

About the best of which I can think would be to set a variable in the load script and use the variable to set the selection in the list box, believe that should work and that should ensure if the user selects something else that things do not revert back I think, but that may depend upon how the web browser is caching things too.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One thing of which to be aware is the OnOpen trigger is NOT supported in the Ajax client:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

About the best of which I can think would be to set a variable in the load script and use the variable to set the selection in the list box, believe that should work and that should ensure if the user selects something else that things do not revert back I think, but that may depend upon how the web browser is caching things too.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @Brett_Bleess . it's very helpful!