Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Edit script" and "Document properties" disabled

Hi, first of all i am aware that my issue is ultimately caused by my ignorance. So i apologize in advance.

I just installed QlikView 8.5. I open it in "Developer evaluation" mode.

I open a local file, see the data, but when i push "Reload data" the script stop with an ODBC error ("Driver not found"). My first idea is to open the script to check where it points to, but the "Edit script" button is grayed out. I try to go to "Settings" -> "Document properties" but this is grayed out as well.

Why is this?

Thank you for any suggestion.

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Have you checked that all your security properties in the sheet properties (right click on the sheet background, properties) are checked? Do you need any user/password to open the document?

Note: I'd recommend you to install QV9 just in case you don't need that exact version.

Not applicable
Author

I'm having the same problem. There don't appear to be any option in sheet properties that pertain to security. Since I cant "edit the script", I cant check Section Access.

Furthermore, this issue is isolated to one QVW; I don't experience it in any others. Using 7.52 in Corp environment (no admin rights). Suggestions....

jldengra
Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have the same problem when opening the QV System Monitor.

When I open it from the server itself, Reload and Document Properties are enabled, but when I open it in server from my PC, Reload button and Document Properties appear disabled, and the edit button for the script is not shown.

I have checked the Document Security tab, and "Reload" is checked as well as "Edit Script".

The only difference is that when I open it in server from my computer I connect as an user and my local OSUser is another, but both users have a general CAL and the same NT permissions over the file.

There is no section access in any document tab.

Can you help me to understand why reloading and editing are locked ?

Thank you in advance.

J.L.Dengra

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, that's the expected behavior. When open in server all users, even if specified otherwise in section access table, are granted USER access, and never ADMIN access. Clients are not meant to edit the script nor reload it (they can using EDX, but that's another story).

If you want to change the script you need to have access locally to the file, and use Open but never Open in Server. Same applies to Plugin or Ajax, that don't have the edit script button.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel