Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

"Little thing" - but extremely annoying - will it be looked at?

Hi,

this is a question as much to the QlikTech-employees here as to the users:

I personally find the fact that the integrated help lists e.g. all date- and time-related functions on one page and if you look for one, e.g. >networkdays<, you have to scroll and scroll and don't blink or you might just have missed it... (I find that) extremely annoying every time I have to look something up - which is best_practice before posting questions on the forum as everywhere.

P.S.: I think it's being made even worse by the fact that the entries are not even alphabetically sorted ...

=> Has any of you users here on the forum made the same experience or how do you cope with that?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

A good point. Having the different functions listed together is useful as it may suggest a more suitable alternative to the original search.

What would help would be to list each function at the start with a link to the detailed explanation. That would retain the existing grouping but give a more direct link.

This would be one to submit to the Ideas section when (if?) the Ideas revamp is done.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I agree. Usually I do a further find (Ctrl+F).

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Yes this is really irratating,

But

In this case I have to use two time search.

Like,

one in Help menu index

and Second again press Ctrl+F and again enter search string.

It will reduce my effort to search manually

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I too agree with you, Help file should be organised in a better way.  Also the explanation of the functions should be clear currently it is not that much clear.

Regards,

Jagan.

Colin-Albert

A good point. Having the different functions listed together is useful as it may suggest a more suitable alternative to the original search.

What would help would be to list each function at the start with a link to the detailed explanation. That would retain the existing grouping but give a more direct link.

This would be one to submit to the Ideas section when (if?) the Ideas revamp is done.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Colin,

yep, I think we could do that now.

Your suggestion does have its charm - having the >> functions that can be used for a given purpose << all together in one  bunch can be helpful, but alphabetically sorted, that would be nice.

And links to the detailed explanations would help keep the >> list of functions << short and clear.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Can you do that? In my menu for creating contents, the submenu "ideas" is not listed anymore. It used to be there, but since the general revamp of the site, it is gone...