Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"Text in Chart" text displayed truncated

Hi - my first post here...

I have a chart with two vertically oriented axis labels added via Presentation | Text in Chart, and they are being truncated. See image below.

I have tried resizing the boxes around the added text using Ctrl-Shift and the mouse, but no matter how large or small I make the boxes, the text is trunacted as shown above. In fact, I can make the boxes very small or very large and the text still displays the exactly the same.

Is this a known issue with vertically oriented text? Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Many thanks
Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

I was able to reproduce your problem. Try this steps: First, adjust the text box length (size that you think the text would fit in) using Ctrl+ Shift, then go to Presentation, Text in Chart, select the text and click Edit, change the font to a smaller ones and click apply. If the text is not truncated, try to revert the size of your font to its original size. .. If it doesn't work, consider using a smaller font.

Hope that can help you solve your problem..

-Lester

View solution in original post

7 Replies
manishkumar75
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Can you please upload the application ?

Regards,

Manish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

If you want to move around the objects within the chart object you can select the chart and then hold down Ctrl + Shift which should highlight all movable objects so that you can drag them around with the mouse. Hope this helps

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

I have done that, but no matter how I size the boxes for the text, the text is truncated as displayed.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

I was able to reproduce your problem. Try this steps: First, adjust the text box length (size that you think the text would fit in) using Ctrl+ Shift, then go to Presentation, Text in Chart, select the text and click Edit, change the font to a smaller ones and click apply. If the text is not truncated, try to revert the size of your font to its original size. .. If it doesn't work, consider using a smaller font.

Hope that can help you solve your problem..

-Lester

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Johannes,

CTRL + SHIFT is not working here on "Text on Chart". Jonathan is mentioning the same and also I tried it and facing the same issue. I couldn't figure out how to resolve.. may be u know the solution. See the attached file.

Not applicable

Solution:

set the Text in Chart Font > BOLD

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Good one Iprosete, It's working! Yes

Regards,
Shumail Hussain