Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw calling other qvws

can you have a qvw such that it will call another qvw to reload its script (which creates qvds) and then reload its own script?

I want to have one qvw that simply makes qvds.  Let's call it qvw2.

Then I want a qvw that users access, called qvw1 that calls qvw2 before reloading its own script on a schedule.  (qvw1 uses qvds made by qvw2.)

Message was edited by: Chris Rockhill

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris

Do you have QlikView Publisher? if yes, users can trigger reload of QVW files using EDX triggers

Also, you can create a button with action that calls QV.exe /r <QVW2 filename> and it should work - this is only for developers who open the QVW file and not users (via access point / open in server etc...)

Yaniv

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Chris,

Yes create a Qlikview File that does the Extraction of Data.

Create another that does the Transformation of Data

And then the Qlikview file itself that reads all the transformed QVD's

but you would call the qvd's each time, not the qvw!

You can reload a qvw into another qvw by using Binary load, but you can only use that once per qvw

I made a video, Importing Qlikview into Qlikview on youtube, check it out, it may help

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

If you don't have the Qlikview Publisher, You can use BATCH load option to reload the the qvw's

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone.  That gave me some ideas.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Chris,

we have a similar scenario here. We neither have the Publisher nor do we use any BATCH files on the server.

We have the QV management_console - that comes with the Small_Business_Server, I think - and in that, we can schedule QlikView apps. We have a three-tier architecture consisting of

- primary data_loading_apps that load data from the database and store it as qvd files.

- A data_Model loading all the qvd files (we're going to have several app-specific data_models going forward to avoid loading all the data in the "big" data_model when the final app needs only very little)

- the final (user-) qvw files accessing the Data_Model.

Not applicable
Author

You can also try:

$(Must_Include=..\Scripts\ExternalScript.qvw);