Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pheaxx_2014
Contributor
Contributor

racing times

Goodday,

i have some racing times display like 01:31.332(format: mm:ss.fff) and i have a dimension with lap numbers. but when i try to plot these numbers in a chart is keeps on saying that no data could be displayed.

When i plot these numbers in a table with number set to interval, is keep giving me a date and nog the time of a lap.

any ideas what i could do to get it working?

PS: working on a personal license

gr,

Nick

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Having a personal license should not cause any problems related to your question.

Few questions:

- What is the expression you are currently using in your chart?

- How are the racing times stored in your source system?

Currently I can only make assumptions, but my guess is there is a difference between your source and the way Qlik handles date+time and a mistake in your expression (like only asking for a field without a function).

Let me know and we'll see how we can help you from there .

May you live in interesting times!
pheaxx_2014
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Onno,

Data is stored like: "position="1" time="1:42.758"/>" in XML format.

the expression that i use in the chart is: SUM(time), but i also tried time(sum(time)) - Interval(sum(time).

i could also connect to a mysql db, it uses the same time format.

if you need more info, let me know .

gr Nick.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If the same data is in a MySQL DB and exported to an XML file, I would go straight to the database as this saves you having to do the exporting to XML step in the future.

Do you store lap durations or timestamps?

How QlikView stores dates and time is as a number.

Example:

42086.000 = March 23, 2015, 0h00

42086.250 = March 25, 2015, 6h00

If date+time is stored in the same way in your MySQL DB, that would make life easy. If not, you have some conversion to do (and than I hope someone else jumps into this topic as I don't fool around with that too often).

If you work with timestamps and you are using the lap number as dimension, you could do something like this:

sum(time) - above(sum(time))

Hope this helps

May you live in interesting times!
pheaxx_2014
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Onno,

thanks for your reply, the time is stored as lap durations.

The DBwill be soon behind an API witch gives a XML outcome *sad face* so direct to the DB would not be an option.

gr Nick