After upgrading from QV 9 to 11 some instability has occurred in the QV environment.
One of these is that a windows scheduled bat-job that reloads an qvw-file never ends, that is: the script of the qvw runs through without errors (log file: “execution finish”), and the qvw-file is saved at the end of the reload, but the qv.exe process never terminates, which the Task Manager confirms.
We’re running on a windows server 2003, 32 bit – and as mentioned a QV 11 (initial release).
Is this a known problem with QV 11?
Here's one thing to check: when QlikView is reloading, a Script Execution Progress window appears. Make sure the little check box in the lower left that says "Close when finished" is checked. Otherwise the Script Execution Progress window stays open and prevents QlikView from closing. If you ever uncheck that box, it will be unchecked the next time a QlikView document reloads too.
That's right, but that's not the problem here. Talking to Qliktech I was told, that from QV 10 bat-job reloads (qv.exe /r) could be a problem and an instable solution. Reload should be done by a task in the Qlikview Server to get a stable environment.
I just checked, and the bug you mentioned should be fixed in SR1.
But on my server, the process QV.exe still remains running.
Do you still have this issuse, too?
I just found something out, after writing the previous post.
The thread under http://community.qlik.com/thread/40858 pointed me to add the command "
ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle" in the macro.
After adding this, the macro is executed and the qv.exe process shut down by itself. Hopefully your QV too.
Yes, we are still having the problem - this time on a QV11 SR2 64bit (earlier also on a QV11 SR1 64bit) running a PDF-reporting macro, so we will have a look into the thread above.
It looks as if it might has to do with the settings.ini file, where the Initial Language setting for the user is stored - and sometime the file is empty (for some unkown reason), and qv.exe is wating for the user to select language, this stalls it all.
We are running a work around with a batch that
and the copy a full settings.ini