Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

report layout

Hi Guys, Qlikview Gurus and devotees, I try to do a report, but I cannot get a good layout. I attached an example. The challenge is to keep the same layout in the UI and in the report with many columns. For any reason in the report I’m just able to get 1 column. Any ideas? Cheers, Eva

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

OK,

I did it .... finally.

How to :

- create 3 variables (I need 3 columns):

-RowNo()

-RowNo()/3

-RowNo()*2/3

and display in 3 different straight tables 1/3 of your data.

Put that in the report and hide it in the IU.

(Sorry for the ugly layout attached, but it's a working one....)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
villegasi03
Creator
Creator

The reason that you are getting that is because the object that you place in a UI don't really behave the same way in a report. The report sees that you have a list box so it, well, lists items. It doesn't know like in the UI that you need it to be in columns

Its like an image that you are placing in the report. That's why it gives you options "keep aspect ratio" in the report item properties.

Not applicable
Author

First of all, thanks for your answer.... I'm so desperate than I'm trying white magic and incantations! (by the way, so far it doesn't work neither).

at least I know why!!

The list for my real data is long, so my client ask to display that in many columns.

I don't mind if I have to change the object or UI layout.

Any other ideas?

villegasi03
Creator
Creator

I am assuming that you have some other bits of data that is related to the data in your example. If your not then it makes me thing that you are trying to use the object for the purpose of being a visual element like for example a calendar containing the days of the month. Its visual and unrelated to data, IF you don't show any other data related to it. If there is then I would suggest to show it or if you are trying to make a form like 'report' in qlikview then this is not the application to do it in.

Not applicable
Author

in fact it's just a list of clients, but it's so long it's printing forever.

villegasi03
Creator
Creator

well so far you are providing what looks to be a dimensional element, something that you group by. So the question is what other data, that is related to it, that you are wanting to show?

villegasi03
Creator
Creator

Got it. Then yeah. Don't do in qlikview. LOL! If I am not mistaken there is no way to state that you want columns when there is overflow. Hey, Qlikview does allow you to export in as many formats as it lets you import so why not export  in HTML and allow the code to handle the column formatting.

Not applicable
Author

It's just a client name's listing,

They do a selection and print the client names list.

They want to print this listing in 3 columns rather than one.

Not applicable
Author

OK,

I did it .... finally.

How to :

- create 3 variables (I need 3 columns):

-RowNo()

-RowNo()/3

-RowNo()*2/3

and display in 3 different straight tables 1/3 of your data.

Put that in the report and hide it in the IU.

(Sorry for the ugly layout attached, but it's a working one....)