Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

restrict copy and paste feature.

Hi All,

i had a quick question. Im sure its very simple but i cant get my head around it.

i would like to restrict or lock the copy and paste feature on Qlikview.

i would like to have all functions working as normal, with the restriction of copy and paste.

does anyone have an idea on how to do this?

any advice is much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Pete

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try

Right click on empty sheet space -> Click Properties Capture.PNG-> Security tab -> Uncheck Copy/Clone objects

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishwarath,

that information was helpful and i will take it on board.

it was also the 'Copy to Clipboard' feature. do you have any ideas on how to put restrictions on this?

i appreciate your invaluable input.

thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Even though you can use copy to clipboard, you cant paste in your sheet any objects or images. Try out. That uncheck of copy/clone should suffice.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean you want to block your end-users from copying anything at all from your document? Even cell values or other text?

And where do you want this copy feature disabled? In the QV Desktop, IE Plugin or the AJAX client?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Peter.

yes this is what i am looking for. i would like the feature to be disabled in QV desktop.

any ideas/suggestions would be welcome.

thanks.

Not applicable
Author

did you guys have any idea on how to disable copy and paste from clipboard in QV desktop?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Go to properties---> layout

In layout tab un check the 'Allow Copy\Clone' checkbox.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to restrict for the whole sheet you can what Vishwanath has suggested.

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prem,

thanks for your reply to help.

it was actually for the restriction of "copy to clipboard" when you right click.

do you know how to restrict this feature so end users can not use it in QV desktop?

thanks for your help.