Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reuse buttons on multiple sheets

hi, is there a way to save a group of common buttons and reuse them on multiple sheets by group import?

The alternative is to copy and paste each individual button and this is time consuming + a pain when the actions of each button have to be changed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

John Witherspoon wrote:Ctrl-click on each

I think you meant Shift-click for Qlikview.

John Witherspoon wrote:it interprets the click as pressing the button instead of just selecting that object

Shift-click will fire the button if pressed in the middle, but it also selects You just don't always get a select indicator. So you can select multiple buttons in this way.

You can keep the button from firing on a Shift-click by clicking when you have a sizing handle -- when hovering on the edge of the button.

-Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can copy and paste a multiple objects as well......

or

you can use a themes......but i think or i dont know how can use that......is not really pratice!!!!

I still prefer copy and paste!!!!!!more faster and easy for my solutions!!!!

Not applicable
Author

thanks erico, do you have any examples or resources to illustrate the copy and paste multiple objects function + how themes can be used in this way?

What i basically want to do is create a set of buttons and then group them so they can be 'pasted by group'.

It would be very useful if i could build a custom header/footer with these buttons so they can be used on every sheet.

Any thoughts?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

"Group save" them by selecting them all and hitting Ctrl-C. "Group Import" them by hitting Ctrl-V. I'm not sure how having actions on the buttons would make this any more difficult since the actions are copied as well.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You select multiple objects the same way you do in most Windows programs. Either drag an outline around them all, or Ctrl-click on each in turn. Unfortunately, the ctrl-click approach won't really work on buttons, since it interprets the click as pressing the button instead of just selecting that object. But dragging works fine, assuming your buttons are arranged together in some way, such as by having them all at the top of the screen in a "header".

Not applicable
Author

thanks John, this may be very simple but i am unable to GROUP SAVE the buttons by hitting ctrl-c

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

John Witherspoon wrote:Ctrl-click on each

I think you meant Shift-click for Qlikview.

John Witherspoon wrote:it interprets the click as pressing the button instead of just selecting that object

Shift-click will fire the button if pressed in the middle, but it also selects You just don't always get a select indicator. So you can select multiple buttons in this way.

You can keep the button from firing on a Shift-click by clicking when you have a sizing handle -- when hovering on the edge of the button.

-Rob

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Rob Wunderlich wrote:I think you meant Shift-click for Qlikview.

Yep. Whoops. And no wonder it didn't work when I tried it on multiple buttons with ctrl-click!

Not applicable
Author

QlikView 10 includes a feature to be able to have the same object in several locations, with each modification done to it propagating to other instances of the object