Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio182
Creator II
Creator II

save automatic report

Hello everyone,

I want to save the reports generated in qlikview in a folder automatically, how can I generate that. I have the next app that generates pdf, but the only problem is that I have to put the path to save it manually, there is some way to do it automatically

imagen.png

rwunderlich

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The described way here: Re: VB Script Issue in creating WScript.Shell Object does in general work. Had you checked that your path is really valid and that your registry-settings are set properly (per regedit)?

Further you might need to set the QlikViewPDF printer as default-printer directly within printer-settings or maybe with something like this:

if WshShell.RegRead ("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device") <> "QlikViewPDF" Then

WSHShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device", "QlikViewPDF", "REG_SZ"

end if

But the problem will probably be that there is another PDF printer is active - the newer QlikView standard-printer PDF-XChange what you could see in the bottom right corner of your screenshot. Normally several installed PDF printer shouldn't disturb eachother especially if you set the various settings per registry - but in my experience they do at least since QV 11. I have never get it stable enough maybe because the QlikView server needs the PDF-XChange printer and activate them in some way (although he wasn't mostly then the default-printer again).

On the reason Rob already hinted that the QlikViewPDF is outdated I didn't went in deeply in the causes else I changed my routines to the new default-printer PDF-XChange: Re: generate pdf with Xchange

- Marcus