Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III

script reload not completing/session not closing - although i have an EXIT Script at the end

here's the message displayed in the window - reload window I mean

----

Connecting to Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=ccmrauser;Data Source=10.20.48.247;
Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=CCMQLIK;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False
Connected
#PoolList 14 lines fetched
#MnRSumByChassisnPoolFinal 120 lines fetched
( 696 lines fetched
( 883 lines fetched

---

stuck at this point.

I am connecting to SQL db and extracting data using a DO While loop.  Even in the debug mode it gets stuck at the end

as info this is my first script using a LOOP and SQL...so I could be missing something very basic...

any help/comments would be great.

Thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's probably creating a very very big synthetic key because some tables have several fields in common. In a Qlikview data model tables are associated by the fields the tables have in common. You should make sure that only the fields you want to use to associate two tables have the exact same name in both tables. You need to create a dimensional model (a star or snowflake model) where every table can only be reached using a single path between tables. No loops!

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's probably creating a very very big synthetic key because some tables have several fields in common. In a Qlikview data model tables are associated by the fields the tables have in common. You should make sure that only the fields you want to use to associate two tables have the exact same name in both tables. You need to create a dimensional model (a star or snowflake model) where every table can only be reached using a single path between tables. No loops!

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you open Task Manager and look at CPU is qv.exe consuming CPU.

If it is and it looks single threaded the as Gysbert suggests it could well be generating a synthetic key.

Maybe if you post the reload log file that could give more clues.

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks..will check it out and modify as applicable

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok thanks...will check and post my comments after updates/changes

Rkota
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you.  fixed the column names and it worked..

appreciate the timely feedback