Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

section access - do not apply to a specific table

Hi All,

I have an application where the section access is loaded from a table in SQL server database and linked to the data model.

I recently added a new table into the data model which includes like list of all users. Because of the reduction field the data in this new table is getting reduced - is there any way the reduction logic is not applied to this particular table

any suggestions please

3 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

not compltely clear on your requirement but from a high level these are the options
1- Make this new table an island table
2- somehow connect this new table to all users. this depends on your data model but maybe through a link table
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Dilip, thanks for your time,

Island table - since the metric values like total number of users changes as per filter selection this might not be an option

Fact table - The tables that are added are directly linked to the fact table which is again very huge table

attached the data model view - thanks again;

Highlighted
Digital Support
Digital Support

Raj, just FYI, I do not see any attachments on your last post, so that is likely why nobody else has responded.  Here is a link that may be of some help:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

There are three additional links at the bottom of the above post, just FYI, two related to reduction, hopefully these may help you figure things out here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.