Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access

Hi all,

groupuser idpasswordregionbranch
adminadminadmin1*
userpriyapriya1Kerala*
userpriyapriya1Tamil NaduOnly "Chennai"

For a same user id and passwrd i want the above condition. i tried it but its not working. anybody facing the same problem.

Any solution

Thanks,

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

at the moment i can tell you to see th help in qlikview searching sectiona access, then if there is not already answer i post an example.

In the Help there is an usefull example, maybe your problem is caused from the wrong use of '*'.

C u,

Stefano.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefano

I searched for it. but i cant get the example what i need. will u plz post example application. if u hav please.

thanks,

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Usha,

What you need is to add all possible values for Kerala. The "*" in section access doesn't mean "all values" but "all values listed in section access" so ADMIN in your example would not be able to see Region = Delhi (for example), but only Regions "Kerala" and "Tamil Nadu", and only Branch = "Chennai".

Check the following script:

STAR IS *;

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [

GROUP, USERID, PASSWORD, REGION, BRANCH

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, *,

USER, PRIYA, PRIYA1, KERALA, BRANCH1

USER, PRIYA, PRIYA1, KERALA, BRANCH2

USER, PRIYA, PRIYA1, TAMIL NADU, CHENNAI

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

DATA:

LOAD * INLINE [

REGION, BRANCH

KERALA, BRANCH1

KERALA, BRANCH2

TAMIL NADU, CHENNAI

TAMIL NADU, BRANCH3

];

You need to create as many lines as possible different values under Region and Branch are. In this example, user "Priya" will see all Kerala region (branches 1 and 2) and Tamil Nadu branch Chennai, but not "Branch3".

You will find some posts that will help on this same exact subject here, here or here, among many many others. Apart from that, there is a very good document that details how section access works in the Documents section here.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica