Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
qvraj123
Contributor II

select possible values from a field...

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I filter for a particular field called AccountName and look for the list of possible values in another field say HostName. I need to take the list of possible values from this field (HostName) because it can be shown in more than 1 AccountName field say for example HostName H123 shown in AccountName ManagedV and also it can show up in another account name ManagedV1, ManagedV2, ManagedV3 - I export the values in HostName manually into an excel sheet

Temp:

LOAD

Data fields from .cSV file

In a Sheet - List box for AccountName, List box for HostName - I export the values from this list box

If I want to create a QVD file - I need to put the same data into a table in Qlikview but as soon as I use the WHERE clause

I will not get the list of possible values - Hope I am able to explain - any one - hope there will be someone who followed what i am talking about - thanks again

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: select possible values from a field...

May be this?

= Concat(YourLisboxName, '|')

qvraj123
Contributor II

Hi, where do I use this concat function - I was trying to have the data in the table in Qlikview script so that I can create the QVD file instead of exporting the data from the listbox with the possible values - can you be more specific

thanks a lot for your time

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

What you mean you want to create a QVD? Can you elaborate your process and what you are expecting as your end result.