Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator

serial no in straight table

Hi Folks,

I have a situation where I need to incorporate serial no in straight table also if I click on any measure column to sort the serial no will be generated according to that.

Thanks.

Farhan

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can u describe more on this?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Farhan,

can you elaborate this, do you need rowno as a exp or dimension?

Regards'

sathesh

avinashelite

Try like this in the expression , you should get the result

Aggr(RowNo(),Dimension)

engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator
Author

I just need serial no in starting whether in dimension or expression, I have a straight table in which I have different designations and their sales MTD and YTD eg. If I click on YTD it will sort the column and the serial should not be disturbed by this.

Thanks

engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator
Author

I used this but when I click on any measures(eg YTD sales) it changed the order of serial no., serial no should not be disturbed by sorting of measures.

Thanks

avinashelite

If that the case define the rowno() in hte script level that will not change

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try ROWNO() in expression if you have only one dimension if more than one dimesnsion try rowno(total)

Learning never stops.
engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear avinash,

I wrote in the script but the resultant column is not starting with 1.

engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, serial no are now not changing but the expressions became un-sortable