cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis dates and calendar object

Hi everyone.

I have two questions that I would really appreciate assistance with please:

1. When trying to setup a calendar object, it only seems to want to use either a current dimension in the model or a variable.

How would I make it like any regular calendar picker to make the user select any date they would like and not really a date based on an object in the model?

2. Based on the above, lets say I create a variable called test into which the date that the user selected gets stored. In my set analysis, I would like test to only count records where the date the user picks is between two date dimensions in the model. I used two variables to store each of the dimension values called vEff_From and vEff_To.

Here is my set analysis:

count({$<$(test) = {">=$(vEff_From)<=$(vEff_To)"},[Beneficiary Type] = {"D"}, [Beneficiary Relationship Type] = {"SP"}>} [Member Number] )

An example of the date format of vEff_From is "2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM". Now when the user selects a date from the calendar object which is going to be stored in variable test, I doubt the format might have time in it like this one above? Reason I'm questioning this is because my set analysis might not calculate correctly. PS: I don't need the time component in vEff_From and vEff_To so if you validate my set analysis but first need me to change any of date formats, please let me know about the change I should make as well.

Thank you very much.

Really would appreciate assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The document upload option is in the advanced editor - click "Use advanced editor" at the top right of the reply screen.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

14 Replies
rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi QlikAsh,

1. Whenever you create a calendar object, you have to give either  a field or a variable. Then Min and Max date you also have to give.

You can create it like a normal calendar where user can make the selection by just giving it the Min and Max date, but it will make no sense until it reflects changes on selection made. For that you have to link it either with a field, so the selection will be reflected in that field and to other objects..or else you can link it with a variable which stores the date selected and use that variable to get the desired results based on the date selected by user.

2. Your second question is not clear...and specifically I must say not making sense, coz you want count of records as per date selected by user falling to dimensions. Can please explain it in better way.

Regards

Rajat

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajat!

Thank you so much.

1. Yes, I have want the latter to happen, in other words the date that the user selects gets stored into the variable I have called test. So based on what you said, I just created the variable called test which will store the user date selection. I then specified min date as 2000/01/01 and max date as date(now()).

I noticed though that the system is storing the date into my variable test as a number and not a date.

How would I make it store it as the format above?

2. For your second question, please see the sample below and how I'm trying to tie it back to my set analysis.

Hope it makes more sense now? You were right so far in what you presumed it to be that I required.

Member Number=testEffective from DateEffective to DateStatus DescriptionBeneficiary Relationship TypeBeneficiary Type=count([Member Number])
468908 (4)2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM2002/05/01 00:009999/12/31 00:00ActiveSPD1
468908 (0)2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM---MMP1
468908 (1)2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM---SPD1
468908 (2)2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM---CHD1
468908 (3)2002/05/01 12:00:00 AM---CHD1
rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi QlikAsh

On selection the date will be stored as number only in the variable, what you can do is apply the date function on the variable, as below

Date($(=test))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajat!

Thank you once again.

I have tried various combinations of date functions but to no avail. I would really like to send you my sample app ... I am unable to add it though as I don't have that option (I only have add video and images). I don't have the advanced editor option anywhere.

Please advise.

Thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The document upload option is in the advanced editor - click "Use advanced editor" at the top right of the reply screen.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi all.

Please find attached the QV app that I needed help with in so far as my set analysis is concerned. I made notes on the app itself but please let me know if further clarity is needed.

Thank you so much!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! Hoping my issue in the set analysis can be solved even though I'm using a variable to drive the set.

Regards.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Here it is...

HTH

Jonathan

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ash,

I have seen your application just now.

In the second expression SET ANALYSIS, you have given "$(test)"

Is it a variable..??

If yes then where have you created it coz in Variable overview I can't find it.

And your variable "vEff_From" and "vEff_To" don't have any value or expression, so what are you are comparing here in the second expression.

Regards

Rajat