Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

simulate "broken week" in qlikview 11

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with one function in my script: week(date,0,1), I used "broken weeks" parameter... it loads perfectly in my desktop (Qlikview 12), but when it loads automatically in qlikview server (version 11) at client, the load fails.

I think the reason is :

-QV11 takes only one parameter : Timestamp

-QV12 can take 4 parameters  : Timestamp, First week day, broken weeks, reference day

Therefore, is there a way to simulate "broken weeks" in qlikview 11?

Any idea will be appreciate. Thank you very much!

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful for the simulation:

Redefining the Week Start

Redefining the Week Numbers

But in general it's not recommended to mix up different releases from the client and the server because there is always a risk of any incompatibility.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your response. I have read the blogs you sent to me and I would like to ask you if there is always necessary to use a master calendar. I am not using a master calendar in my script so I don't know if that solutions will be useful in my case.

On the other hand, I saw that there are environment variables in the script, one of them is "SET BrokenWeeks=1;", how can I use it?

thank you!!

marcus_sommer

I personal prefer the use of a master-calendar but there are of course different opinions - one good example is this here: Re: Use of Master Calendar - and I believe that the majority of the developer also used calendars. For a how to see here: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

To the BrokenWeeks variable - I'm not sure but I think that this was coming with QV 12, too and is not available in QV 11.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus,

I understand, and I am agree with you, I think that is better to have the same releases between client and server, do you have any manual or steps to do an upgrade to Qlikview server from 11 to 12?

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no special document for migrating from QV 11 to QV 12 but I think many of the considerations here: QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document are further valid. To them you should read the release notes and the server manuals from QV 12 to get further hints for significant changes between the releases.

The best case would be to have separate environments for developing, testing and production but I assume that's not available in your case - but you could ask your partner or qlik to get a temporary test-licence for the migration maybe applied in an internal/external leased VM if no physical environment is available.

- Marcus