Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

source control and variables

Hi,

I have implemented TFS with Qlikview to have a source control and version control. Everything works but there seems to be one problem. If someone tries to get the project from the server, he gets everything except many variables are missing and many variables do not contain the expressions that we defined in the original document

Is there anyway to fix this?

Arif

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The variable definitions are stored in the XML files, but not the values.

I always ensure that all values are defined in my load script, so that if i no-data load a qvw (or restore from the source controlled -prj folder), then the document works as expected when it reloaded.

If I want to preserve the variable value if it exists, or set a default value if it does not, then I use this type of expression:

Let vMonths = If(len(vMonths) = 0, 12, vMonths);

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

My problem is not the values but rather the definitions. For example if I create a variable and put an expression in its definitions, most of them are empty if someone gets the project from server. Also, many of the variables are missing

Arif

michaelfentondata
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Arif,

You need to make sure that the variables are defined in the load script or stored externally to the qvw.

The Qlik Deployment Framework can help with this.