Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II

sum over if statement with integrated set analysis function

Hello Community,

this is my database

contract_numbercontract_start_datecontract_end_datecontract_termcontract_term_typecontract_payment_perc

01.01.201231.12.201436first3,11%
10000101.01.201530.06.20156second2%
10000101.07.201631.12.20166third1,5%
10000201.01.201331.12.201648first2,66%
10000201.01.201731.12.201712second1,5%
10000201.01.201830.06.20186third0,5%
10000301.01.201731.12.201936first3,05%
10000301.01.202030.06.20206second1,9%
10000301.07.202031.12.20206third1,45%

I created a variable v_target_date to calculate my present value depended on the variable v_target_date

I created in the script a new field:

lpm_history:

LOAD *,

if(contract_term_type='first', Monthstart(AddMonths(contract_start_date, contract_term)+1)) as contract_begin_ext_simulation;

My expression :

if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=0,

(PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1),

if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)>0 AND

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1,

if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)>0 AND

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1) > sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)-sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1

)))

i marked the set analysis in red

This is what QV returns

test.PNG

Everything is right so far

What I'd like to do in the next step is to take the sum of all

-> 210,14%+164,65%+119,59% = 494,38% and return the result in a textbox

unfortunetely I can't just add a sum() in front of my expression.

Is there any possibility to do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you try this....

Keep the dimension same as Anil mentioned, but change your expression to this

Sum(Aggr(if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=0,

(PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1),

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1,

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1) > sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>}contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)-sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_term),sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1

))), Contract_Number))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create one inline table like

Load * Inline [

Dim

];

And use dimension like

Pick(Dim, contract_no, 'TOTAL')

Expression is

Pick(Dim,

if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=0,

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>}contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)-sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_term),sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1

))),

(PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1),

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} TOTAL contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1,

((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1) > sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_term),

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'first'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_term), sum({<contract_term_type={'second'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1+

PV(0.01/12, ((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)-sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} TOTAL contract_term),sum({<contract_term_type={'third'}>} TOTAL contract_payment_perc),0,1)*-1

))))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Anil , thanks for your help

I just follow ur instructions. But QV returns me this

test2.PNG

the result should be:

210,14%+164,65%+119,59% = 494,38% and return the result in a textbox

and could u maybe explain me what the function dim() is exactly doing?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

When you say, You expression works. That means The above may work as expected. And, I just throw a stone but no luck for you. Will you able to provide sample?

Try with your expression like

Pick(Dim, [Your Expression], 1000)

And show the image / it would be great if you share sample file

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sunny_talwar

Can you try this....

Keep the dimension same as Anil mentioned, but change your expression to this

Sum(Aggr(if(((year(v_target_date)-year(contract_begin_ext_simulation))*12+(month(v_target_date)-month(contract_begin_ext_simulation))+1)<=0,

))), Contract_Number))

thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for your reply.

It works with the sum(aggr(x,contract_number) function. Now I dont know who I should give the right answer measured by the engagement.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sunny answer should be right this case