Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatbza
Creator
Creator

suppress null is not working for calculated dimension

Hi Friends,

I have created calculated dimension in straight table and check the suppress null check box and it is working fine in QV desktop, but when i push into QV access point it is not working. Please help me if any thing i missed here

Below is my calculated dimension.

If(Len(date) >=1,null(), 'null')

Thanks,

Venakt

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have a different QlikView version on server box? That might cause it as some previous versions of QlikView had problem with calculated dimensions and suppressing null values.

venkatbza
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I am using same version in qlikview and server box both are November 2017 SR1

sunny_talwar

I am not entirely sure why this is not working the same way

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you try this and tell us which works or not?

If(Len(date) >=1,'NA', 'null')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
venkatbza
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

As per my requirement i need to put hidden if any values are there in date field and need to show only null values in report that is the reason i write a expression like if(len(date)>=1, null(),'null'). as per you suggested expression i can not convert values in to nulls it can covet values into 'NA'.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I even not sure about the behavior. But, Null() returns '-'. To achieve same this? if(len(date)>=1, '-','null')

Long ago - I've read about Null() which not working in Access point. If i get that will definitely share it with you.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful