Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator

trigger at sheet level

Hi,

when my sheet 1 opens, I want emp = a selected.

when i click on sheet 2, I want empx = active be selected.

Basically, I want to clear the selection as soon as they leave the sheet and whne they come back it should be there.

I tried onactivate sheet at sheet property level in each tab and then also kept clear field for that filter. It clears but doesnt activate when i click on the respective sheets.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you clear from sheet 1 to sheet 2. And again, You are back to sheet 1 that means we are activate the Emp a and after the sheet 2 should be clear?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Use a trigger OnLeaveSheet, right click on the background of the sheet Properties > Triggers > OnLeaveSheet > Add Actions Selection > Clear All

If you need to select or deselect when activating a new sheet, use instead OnActivateSheet following the same steps

madhumitha
Creator
Creator

Hello Ria,

Basically you have to store the selection of Sheet1 into a variable while leaving the sheet1. When you are activating the Sheet1 again, you have to reassign the variable value in to 'emp'

On leave Sheet1

1) Get selected value of field in EMP - store it into Variable.

2) Clear all

On Activate Sheet 1

1) Select in Field Variable value

Hope This helps

Thanks