cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajater2012
Contributor
Contributor

trigger tasks till the other tasks finish starting

I want to start 10 tasks where two tasks statue will be started and eight tasks statue will be triggered, and they will start after the first two tasks finish starting two by two.

my problem is when I start 10 tasks two tasks statue will be started and the other will be error,

any help will be appreciated

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a key setting in your environment here, depending upon whether or not you have a Publisher license, it is going to be in one of two places:

Reload Engine (No Publisher license): The Reload Limits area of the Performance tab settings of QVServer, if you only have 2 Max Concurrent reloads set there, that means only 2 tasks can run at a time, thus launching additional tasks will cause the others to queue, but there is a timeout involved there located in the QDS exe.config file called QvbWaitTimeoutMinutes, and the default on that is 45 minutes, so if the other tasks take longer than 45 minutes to complete, the waiting tasks will fail due to the timeout.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

For Publisher: The number of Engines for Distribution setting on the Advanced tab settings of the QDS resource settings are where you set things.  The same setting as above is in play for Publisher regarding the timeout of waiting tasks.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Distri...  

The timeout setting can be set as high as 5 hours the last time I tested things, but after that, the exclusive file lock is lost on the QVW file and therefore the task will run, but when it tries to save post reload, it will fail, as it will not have the lock and therefore will not be able to save the file.  

Really need further information to offer anything further, but this may be what you are running into.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.