Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

variable definition in Qlikview loadscript

Hi,

I want to define a variable in Qlikview loading script and want to use the expression in the variable inside Qlikview charts. The variable is like this

Set f_CreateSheetId    =    "$1 & PURGECHAR($(=$1 & 'FrontMenu' & $2), ' ')";

I want the expression as it is inside Qlikview. I do not want the expression or any part of the expression to be evaluated in the load script. However, the load script evaluates the part $(=$1 & 'FrontMenu' & $2) in the expression

I have tried using both Let and Set but none of them works. Any idea how to fix this?

Shah

5 Replies
Highlighted
Creator III
Creator III

Try this ,

let f_CreateSheetId    =    "$(1) & PURGECHAR($(=$(1) & 'FrontMenu' & $(2)), ' ')";

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hie..

Try this----Write in single quote-----

Set f_CreateSheetId    =    '$1 & PURGECHAR($(=$1 & 'FrontMenu' & $2), ' ')';

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Set f_CreateSheetId    =    _1 & PURGECHAR(_(=_1 & 'FrontMenu' & _2), ' ');

LET f_CreateSheetId = replace('$(f_CreateSheetId)','_',chr(36));

Highlighted
Master III
Master III

let f_CreateSheetId = '$'&'1 & PURGECHAR($'&'(=$' &'1 & ' & chr(39)&'FrontMenu'& chr(39)&'&' & ' $'&'2),'& chr(39)&' '& chr(39)&')'; 

Highlighted
Not applicable

This seems to work but I have two problems. I have an equal sign at the start of the expression that I forgot to mention earlier so the expression is like below

Set f_CreateSheetId    =    "=$1 & PURGECHAR($(=$1 & 'FrontMenu' & $2), ' ')";

Somehow, I am struggling to escape the equal sign

secondly, I have around 70 expressions like these so it would be good to come up with a generic change that would work for all the expressions that have either equal sign or dollarsign expansion like =$(

Regards

Shah