Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

variable

I created two variable:

1. Month1: it is current month
  2. Month2: it is descrive a specific month

Month1= Text(Month(max(PER_RIF)))& Text(Year(max(PER_RIF)))

Month2= Text(Month(max(PER_RIF-1)))& Text(Year(max(PER_RIF-1)))

Now, I want to do some sum.

I try to use:

=sum({<{per_rif=$(date(Month1))}>} [Incassato_Altro _nel _periodo])

But when I try to set the sum it fails.

I can’t selection nothing because I want to automatizaren all things.

What Am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, I forgot to erase some characters from your formula that were wrong... try:

=sum({$<PER_RIF={">=$(=MonthStart(Max(PER_RIF)))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(PER_RIF)))"}>} [Incassato_Altro _nel _periodo])

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think your set analysis is incorrect, but also I suspect your variables are wrong.

According yo your variables, you get the month and the year from the same field: PER_RIF. Does PER_RIF has date values? If it's so... then you could do something like this:

=sum({<{PER_RIF={">=$(=MonthStart(Max(PER_RIF)))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(PER_RIF)))"}>} [Incassato_Altro _nel _periodo])

That would give you the sum of [Incassato_Altro _nel _periodo] values for the max MonthYear selected or available (the 30 or 31 days included in the Month).

I think this example from Steve Dark may hel you a lot to learn about playing with Dates in Set Analysis.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4313

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the reply. But if I use your script in my object the result is: "-".

The PER_RIF field has a date value. I read your suggestion article by Steve Dark but i don't understand where i need to use that script in my own one. Follow a screenshot that i hope will help you to better understant my issue.

Thanks in advance.

screenshot.jpg

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Check your curly brackets (i.e. { and } )

I believe you have put one opening curly bracket too much into your expression directly before the field name PER_RIF. Remove this one.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, I forgot to erase some characters from your formula that were wrong... try:

=sum({$<PER_RIF={">=$(=MonthStart(Max(PER_RIF)))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(PER_RIF)))"}>} [Incassato_Altro _nel _periodo])

Not applicable
Author

thanks thanks!!!!!!!!

it's right!!!!!!!

thanks you

Not applicable
Author

it's right!!!!!!!

thanks you!

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, sorry, I have the same problems but for precedetent month.

How can i do this?

My date are simililar of ciroscar's date.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

sorry, I'm finding solution in article by Steve Dark.

thanks a lot