Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

want to a user to see only a particular document on access point

Hello Everyone,

I want to a user to see only a particular document on access point.i have 2 named users.

i have 2 users QV1 and QV2 .i went in window security removed the users group and administrator for file1for QV1.

At access point i am able to view it for user QV1.

but when i do the same thing for File2 i remove the user ,administrator and add the user Qv2 .the file gets corrupt.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Since you're adding a section access you can hide the document by checking the flag under Settings > Document Properties > Server > Filter AccessPoint document list based on section access

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

you can do one more this

you can assign Cal to particular document

and go to qmec ->user document-> CAL-> assign Name(domain\user) by clicking on qvw

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
maxgro
MVP
MVP

you have a SBE server with 2 named cal; you can (must) use NTFS authorization to give (or don't give) access to the single document and/or folders; you can control which user can see which document; this is a Windows related task, perhaps you can ask your sysadm for some doubt

in your case I think section access is not needed; you can use it to get your requirement but is more complicated (and before of that you must set NTFS permission); section access is useful when you want to give a more granular control (in short authorization on some records of one document)

here some help for NTFS; there are a lot of post on the same topic in the community

Re: how to control file access in NTFS method

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

have you got your solution.you may post further query

Sunil Chauhan