Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinathy15
Contributor II
Contributor II

web view problem

Hi community,

When i am turning on my web view,then below is the error i got. Can any one help me out....why is the error and how to resolve it..

qlik.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Wow that's an old version @srinathy15  . The version you are running QV 11.2 IR was released 2012. There has been a lot happening to both Internet Explorer and QlikView since then. There has also been made a lot of changes to the ajax web view part during the first years of QV11.2 releases. 

I would strongly suggest that you plan for an upgrade to a later service release, current service release is QV 11.2 SR20 that came this February. Worth mentioning is that Qlik will stop supporting QV11.2 this year and you should also consider to upgrade from 11.2 to 12.5.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It's most likely something to do with your internet explorer security configuration settings.

This link might help you in the right direction: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000036915

srinathy15
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply...

I am unable to add url in internet options-trusted sites as the url does not have security...i mean instead of https it has only http..please look into the attachment and please revert me...err.PNG

Vegar
MVP
MVP

What if you uncheck the "Require server verification (Https:) for all sites in this zone".

srinathy15
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes...By unchecking..url got added..but the error remains same in the qlikview tool.

@Vegar 

@qlik.PNG

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Which version of QlikView are you using? Is it an old version? I'm thinking your issue is simular to this post: Solved: Impossible to switch to web view: browser does not support XmlDocument objects. 

You could also check that you IE is not set to run in compability mode as suggested in this support article: Your browser does not support XmlDocument objects 

srinathy15
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Vegar  Iam using qlikview 11.20 versionversion.PNG

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Wow that's an old version @srinathy15  . The version you are running QV 11.2 IR was released 2012. There has been a lot happening to both Internet Explorer and QlikView since then. There has also been made a lot of changes to the ajax web view part during the first years of QV11.2 releases. 

I would strongly suggest that you plan for an upgrade to a later service release, current service release is QV 11.2 SR20 that came this February. Worth mentioning is that Qlik will stop supporting QV11.2 this year and you should also consider to upgrade from 11.2 to 12.5.

srinathy15
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yeah....upgrade to new version..solved my issue...

Thanks @Vegar 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

That's great. Enjoy your new fresh and up to date  QlikView desktop and good luck with your Ajax web view development.

Cheers,

Vegar.