Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is "onclick" function in qlikview?

i was trying to look at this function, but there is no one in qlikview

so i have a date listbox

in default, there is no date selected

and i have a straight table chart with date dimension and sum(price) as an expression

what i wanna do is to make chart show no result when there is no date in list box selected

what suppose i do?

is there any "onclick" function in qlikview?

thx..

i really appreciate ur help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Richardo,

I'd work that around by setting a calculation condition in your chart Properties, "General" tab, kind of

Len(GetFieldSelections(Date)) = 0

and set an Error Message (clicking on the button in the same dialog) under "Calculation Condition unfulfilled" asking the user to first select a date from the listbox.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Richardo,

I'd work that around by setting a calculation condition in your chart Properties, "General" tab, kind of

Len(GetFieldSelections(Date)) = 0

and set an Error Message (clicking on the button in the same dialog) under "Calculation Condition unfulfilled" asking the user to first select a date from the listbox.

Regards.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ricardo

If I have understood you correctly, you dont need an onclick event (there is none). You need to set the calculation condition (chart properties | General, to make the chart display, but empty) or the show condition (chart peoperties | Layout, to hide the chart), and the condition expression would be

=GetSelectedCount(date) = 1

In the former option, you can also override the 'calculation condition unfulfilled' error with something more meaningful to your users, such as 'Select a date'. See chart properties | General | Error Messages

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Edit: beaten to the punch!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

@jon @mig

thx..

it solved my problem