Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

when to use publisher

Hi All,

Currently i have Qlikview app which approximately 1GB in size. Multiple people will access the report thru the access point.

We have implemented the section access to show the relevant data to the specific division. For example if the a person belonging to A division access the report thru the access point, he can only see the A division data.

But i am hearing the frequent complaint that the application is too slow while exporting the data into excel.

What i thought is to go for publisher and will use the loop and reduce method so that app size will come down and user will not  have any issues while exporting the data to excel.

Kindly share your feedback or comments which is best suitable in the current situation.

As always thank you for your help and support.

Regards,

Viresh

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you mean the "Send to Excel" functionality that the users have by right-clicking a chart object then using Publisher and "loop and reduce" would not help with the export part of it.

Once the table/chart is rendered in the UI and the user is able to select "Send to Excel" the calculation part is done and the export should be rather quick.

However the description of "slow" is not very precise. Do you users mean the entire process of opening the sheet, showing the table (presumably), waiting for it to render and then doing the "Send to Excel" and waiting for the export to finish? Or do they mean just the last bit?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

"But i am hearing the frequent complaint that the application is too slow while exporting the data into excel."

It depends mostly on your data model and the aggregations/calculation being done on the objects.

Do you have calculated dimensions?

are you aggregating over fields from a disconnected table?

How many fields are your expressions aggregating by ?

are all fields from the same table or different table?

How well associated is your data model?

How many unique  values is your chart aggregating over?

How efficiently/optimally have you written the expressions!  (Always create flags whenever possible!)

It may even be network latency, and it's just the download that is taking too long and there may be no issues with the app itself!

one simply can't say without looking at the app!

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vineeth,

Actually the application was built by somebody and i am taking care of it. I will look for the point you have mentioned and will see how best i can solve the issue.

once again thank you...

Regards,

Viresh

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Petter,

Yes i mean the "Send Excel" functionality.

thank you.