Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
engr_farhanqadr
Creator
Creator

writing procedures

Follks,

Can we write stored procedures and cursors like in SQL/oracle in Qlikview.   

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can write subroutines in the script. These can be called in the script to execute whatever you coded into the subroutine. These subroutines are only available in the script. You can also create functions in vbscript or javascript in the macro editor. These can be used as functions in the script or in macro's. You can alse create subroutines in the macro editor. These can be called as macro's from actions assigned to buttons/textboxes or triggers. And you can create variables that contain expressions that calculate a value. These can be nested and parameterized as well so you can use them as a kind of functions.

There are no cursors in Qlikview. There's no need for them so they don't exist. You interact directly with data by making selections. The selections are applied realtime to the in-memory database. Any charts and listboxes are recalculated on the fly to reflect the change in selections.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vikasmahajan

PFA

Hope helps you

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also facing issue in fetching stored procedure data in QlikView.

I have posted this in community at Fetching Oracle stored procedure data into QlikView FAILS.

Could you please take a look at it and help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you,

Laxmaiah Chowdary