Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

xls to qvd - field value having & gets truncated.

I am working on converting few XLSX files to QVD

in the field ZKEY_ACcount1 you can see a field value marked yellow with a &.

what i get in the converted QVD from XLSX is  ACT GOVT CONTRACT 370 instead of NSW & ACT Govt Contract 370

could one of you please help in identifying a solution.

are there any option in Enable transformation load step to check this ?

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Can you share the sample xls file?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's certainly not normal behaviour. What does the load script for the QVD look like?

Otherwise, make sure that there are non no-printing characters embedded in that cell.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried 3 simple checks , i am not sure if this is logical however i can send the sample files for you to test

1. downloaded the oracle table data from SQL Developer with less than 20 rows. this passed by bringing in the & to QV

2. downloaded the entire table dump which had close to 300k rows. this one failed with ampersand truncating the prefix.

3. from point 2, i copied the entire dump of data into a new sheet and just loaded the tab. this loaded the ampersand properly.

Can you tell me a best way to send the file, i am asking since these files would potentially contain data not to be available public. i prefer not to mask since this could potentially not help in reproducing the issue

RATHER WIERD and Funny. !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This seems like an issue with QS Desktop 2.1.1. I did not have this problem before. Can anyone confirm?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

here is a sample xlsx and qvw to reproduce the issue. pls do not change and save the xlsx for testing purpose.

try with the spreadsheet attached