Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Talk to Experts Tuesday, Live Q&A, September 22: Moving from QlikView to Qlik Sense. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

xls to qvd - field value having & gets truncated.

I am working on converting few XLSX files to QVD

in the field ZKEY_ACcount1 you can see a field value marked yellow with a &.

what i get in the converted QVD from XLSX is  ACT GOVT CONTRACT 370 instead of NSW & ACT Govt Contract 370

could one of you please help in identifying a solution.

are there any option in Enable transformation load step to check this ?

5 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Can you share the sample xls file?

Highlighted

That's certainly not normal behaviour. What does the load script for the QVD look like?

Otherwise, make sure that there are non no-printing characters embedded in that cell.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

I tried 3 simple checks , i am not sure if this is logical however i can send the sample files for you to test

1. downloaded the oracle table data from SQL Developer with less than 20 rows. this passed by bringing in the & to QV

2. downloaded the entire table dump which had close to 300k rows. this one failed with ampersand truncating the prefix.

3. from point 2, i copied the entire dump of data into a new sheet and just loaded the tab. this loaded the ampersand properly.

Can you tell me a best way to send the file, i am asking since these files would potentially contain data not to be available public. i prefer not to mask since this could potentially not help in reproducing the issue

RATHER WIERD and Funny. !

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

This seems like an issue with QS Desktop 2.1.1. I did not have this problem before. Can anyone confirm?

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

here is a sample xlsx and qvw to reproduce the issue. pls do not change and save the xlsx for testing purpose.

try with the spreadsheet attached