Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want connect the Salesforce, but i don't know how work, and where can find the DLL??

I want connect the Salesforce, but i don't know how work, and where can find the DLL??

tks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

https://trust.salesforce.com/trust/security/identity_feature.html

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The DLL is available on Salesforce AppExchange. Make sure you get the correct version - 32 or 64 bit - for your environment.

Basically you drop the DLL into the QlikView root folder (where qv.exe is). Then it appears as a custom data source in "Edit Script" (ctrl-E).

Once you're connected you retrieve the data with a standard SQL SELECT statement. If you download the sample Salesforce QVW it will give you some good examples.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Hy,

I took the DLL, put into the root folder, but when reload the file, had some error : Custom Connection Fail

On the script have the connection line like as:

CUSTOMCONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;UserId=$(SF_Username);Password=$(SF_Password);";

and i put the user and password in my application

Maybe my DLL or Application is old, because i dont find DLL on the Salesforce AppExchange.

TKS again!!!

Not applicable
Author

Even if your DLL is "old" it should still work. I have only ever seen one version of the Salesforce DLL anyway.

Did you know that you need to append a Salesforce security token to your password? Also, you need to be using an edition of Salesforce that supports the API.

Try typing your username, password+token in the custom connection dialog and clicking on the "test connection" button. That will tell you whether the DLL is working or not.

Not applicable
Author

I didn't know....where can i take my token?

Do you have some documents about that?i dont find any tips in the community or salesforce web....

Tks again...

Not applicable
Author

https://trust.salesforce.com/trust/security/identity_feature.html

Not applicable
Author

When i log on to Salesforce.com and i goto the app.exchange i am not able to get the dll, Will some one please assist me. thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

the DLL should be downloaded from the Qlikview downloads site

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the reply, but it is a bit late, i have already sorted this out. Please look at the dates of my previous posts.

Thanks, Again.

Not applicable
Author

where did you find the salesforcedll.dll? I can't find one anywhere!!!

Thanks

Larry