Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with delimiter when extracting from report

Hello,

I've encountered a problem with extraction of data from SAP report and I can't figure out what's wrong.

So far, when I used SAP Connector to extract table from SAP I had exclamation marks "!" as delimiter in results. Few days ago we had to restart SAP and QV servers, and after that delimiter changed to "5". Needless to say, number 5 is poor delimiter since it can be confused by script with number in other field.

I have several scripts based on exclamation marks, so I'd like to go back to it. Does anyone knows how to do it? Is it something in SAP or QlikView?

Best regards,

Slawek

4 Replies
vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

I have the same problem. Has someone a Solution?

Thanks

Michael

vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Slawek,

i found the Solution: The default Layout Settings in SAP, controls which kind of field delimiter the Report Connector is used. If a sorting was set in the Layout-Settings, you will get a "5" as Delimiter otherwise a "!".

Very strange behaviour!

Hopefully I could help you.

Best regards

Michael

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

There has been several cases reported with similar symptom to Qlik Support, but we have not been able to find any issues in the SAP connector. The common conclusion is that it is related to SAP side settings.

Michael's comment above is probably the explanation in this case, if it resolves the issue.

nima_ebrahimzadeh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Nobody has found any solution yet? Thank you