Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik to SAP message server via SAP router

Hi,

I'm attempting to open up connectivity between Qlik and SAP, this connection need to go through a SAP router to reach the destination message server.

I've been advised by our SAP guys that the required port for this connectivity to the SAP router need to go through a defined RFC port 3279, this differs to what I can see in the Qlik documentation (though the text around going through a router is limited).

If connecting through a router, would we still expect to have to open up the standard 32nn, 33nn or 36nn ports to the SAP router? Or just the port supplied to me?

Is there any specific return traffic on the expected port that the router would mirror? respond back on the expected 36nn for example

Anyone who has setup the connector in a similar manner please share some of your insights if possible

Thanks

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

interesting you are seeing that behavior, I have actually now been able to get this working.

It was a combination of the required syntax and the transport installs not done in the specific order required, that was causing the problem.

The syntax that had to be used was:

/H/xxrouterxx/S/3279/H/xxmsgserverxx/S/36nn/

rather than the /M

Thanks for the help

Joe

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

the SAP Router normally listens to port 3299. From the system running the Qlik SAP Connector you only need to open up for traffic to the SAP Router. From the SAP Router you need to open up for access to the backend SAP system on the relevant RFC port, 33XX.

Best regards,

Daniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the reply, is the 3299 a default listening port for all traffic?

I've been told we have two ports 3279 for RFC traffic and 3289 for GUI traffic, which would been needed for BEX connectivity, is traffic treated as GUI initially and then routing through to RFC? Or should it just be the RFC port?

What is the difference when the target is a message vs application server, should this still go to 33xx as you suggest or to 36xx for example when a message server?

Thanks

Joe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

By default the SAP Router listens to port 3299 for both RFC and SAP Frontend traffic. I have not seen that separate ports are used for RFC or GUI traffic on the SAP Router.

For connecting to a message server, you need to use /M/  and the message server host name, /S/ and the message server port and /G/ and the logon group.

Best regards,

Daniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

the BEx connection GUI has group as a specific field, do you still need to include it in the host name entry like you described? Something like this?

/H/xxrouterxx/S/3279/M/xxmsgserverxx/S/36nn/G/xxgroupxx

Thanks

Joe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

I did some more testing with the combination of the BEX Connector and using a SAP Router to access a message server behind the SAP Router. There seems to be an issue when a message server is accessed via the SAP Router in the BEX Connector. For now I suggest you connect via the SAP Router to a specific application server rather than the message server. A fix for this issue will be included in a future release of the BEX Connector.

Best regards,

Daniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

interesting you are seeing that behavior, I have actually now been able to get this working.

It was a combination of the required syntax and the transport installs not done in the specific order required, that was causing the problem.

The syntax that had to be used was:

/H/xxrouterxx/S/3279/H/xxmsgserverxx/S/36nn/

rather than the /M

Thanks for the help

Joe