cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VC1258
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView App in Qlik Sense Cloud

I have a QlikView  File that I access via a Qlik Sense Cloud App. If I give that App external access for users, is it possible to have MFA for all users logging in? I am trying to understand how external authentication works in Qlik Sense and how to set it up a secure way for users. Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @VC1258 ,

the way users authenticate on a Cloud tenant is determined by the choice of the Identity Provider.

If you use the standard QlikID (required for Qlik Sense Business), users will be able to determine whether they want to activate MFA for their account by going to https://myqlik.qlik.com/portal/security/ . There is no global tenant setting for that.

If you use an alternate IdP  (only possible with a Qlik Sense Enterprise subscription), then the access policy can be determined globally on the IdP's side.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @VC1258 ,

the way users authenticate on a Cloud tenant is determined by the choice of the Identity Provider.

If you use the standard QlikID (required for Qlik Sense Business), users will be able to determine whether they want to activate MFA for their account by going to https://myqlik.qlik.com/portal/security/ . There is no global tenant setting for that.

If you use an alternate IdP  (only possible with a Qlik Sense Enterprise subscription), then the access policy can be determined globally on the IdP's side.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.