Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VC1258
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView login error

Hi, 

After the login screen pop-up when accessing access point and trying the credentials I get the following error within the server:

VC1258_0-1691817347584.png

I have my QlikView setup as Custom user,  and Anonymous prohibited. All users exist in QMC:

VC1258_1-1691817509180.png

VC1258_2-1691817546798.png

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @VC1258,

Have a look at the QlikView Help entry Configuring IIS for Custom Users. You'll need to ensure that the authentication configuration is setup correctly as detailed in the Help entry.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

In general should this approach be working. Is it a new installation or an elder one and in the last what was changed?

VC1258
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We migrated to a new server. It is a new installation with a temporary license. The old server is still up and running and they are set up the same way. The error mentions certificates and a login, but I am not sure where it is expecting them? 

thank you! 

marcus_sommer

Your error-message may not directly hint to the causing issue else it might be just an aftereffect.

Set up in the same way could mean to have quite different environments in the end ... My preferred way of doing a migration is to start with mirroring the existing environment. Installing the same OS and QlikView release and transferring all data + applications + settings (you need to stop all services to copy everything) from the old to the new environment and preparing the QlikView configurations before you start the services (changing the server-name in all config-files) and changed the prod-licence to the temporary one or just testing with the prod as long as you didn't used them on both environments at the same time.

If everything went well everything is there - licenses, users, tasks and they run and you could access them from the access point. If it looked like unnecessary efforts it puts itself into perspective by any kind of trouble-shooting because if it worked it means that all kind network + authentication + group policies stuff is ok. which isn't an obviousness. If there are instead any issues it's quite unlikely that any of the QlikView configuration is involved and that the cause is anywhere on the outside of Qlik.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @VC1258,

Have a look at the QlikView Help entry Configuring IIS for Custom Users. You'll need to ensure that the authentication configuration is setup correctly as detailed in the Help entry.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!